About Curtis Wallace
Since graduating from law school nearly two decades ago, Curtis' career path has been unusual to say the least. It is his breadth of his experience - as an executive, author, producer and lawyer - that sets Curtis apart. Today, Curtis puts that diversity of experience and expertise to work for his clients.
Prior to founding The Law Office of Curtis W. Wallace, P.C., he acquired experience as a lawyer, executive, producer and author.
After obtaining a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree from the University of Texas at Austin, Curtis graduated Magna Cum Laude from Southern Methodist University School of Law in 1994.
Following law school, Curtis practiced first at the international law firm of Weil, Gotshal & Manges and later at the firm of Brewer, Brewer, Anthony & Middlebrook.
Today, Curtis serves as the President of The Law Office of Curtis W. Wallace, P.C. where he represents select clients including authors, filmmakers, non-profit organizations and entrepreneurs.
For more than a decade, Mr. Wallace served as the Chief Operating Officer/General Counsel of T.D.J. Enterprises, LLP, and CEO of New Dimensions Entertainment. During his tenure, Mr. Wallace has developed and overseen partnerships with entities including:
- Film Production Venture with Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Publishing Joint Venture with Simon & Schuster (Atria Imprint)
- Television and Film Joint Venture with Codeblack Entertainment
- Nationally syndicated radio program with Radio One/Syndication One
- Development of the God’s Leading Ladies National Conference Tour
Mr. Wallace has served as the Producer, Executive Producer or Executive in Charge (on behalf of TDJE/New Dimensions Entertainment) of the following projects:
The feature films:
- Woman Thou Art Loosed (starring Kimberly Elise) was released in 2004 by Magnolia Films and was the winner of Best American Film at the 2004 Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- Not Easily Broken (starring Morris Chestnut and Taraji P. Henson) was released in 2009 by Sony/Tristar
- Jumping the Broom (starring Angela Bassett, Paula Patton, Laz Alonzo and Mike Epps) was released on May 6, 2011 release by Sony/Tristar as the #1 comedy in its first weekend
- One the Seventh Day, a Woman Thou Art Loosed Film (starring Blair Underwood) was released in October 2011 by Codeblack Entertainment and AMC Independent
- Sparkle (starring Whitney Houston, Jordin Sparks and Mike Epps) was released August 2012 by Sony/Tristar
The live stage productions:
- Woman Thou Art Loosed
- Behind Closed Doors
- Cover Girls
Mr. Wallace previously served on the Board of Directors of BN Media Associates, LLC, which owns both Affinity 4, an affinity marketing company that has helped non-profits raise over $76 million to date and beliefnet.com, the largest website in the spirituality category.
From a community standpoint, Mr. Wallace has previously served on the Board of Directors of the Parkland Foundation as well as Wycliffe Resources, Inc. Mr. Wallace continues to serve on the Dallas County Blue Ribbon Commission for Parkland Hospital (a group responsible for leading the effort to construct a new $1.2 billion public hospital for the citizens of Dallas).
Mr. Wallace is the author of the following works:
- The Leadership Gap, published in 2011 by Destiny Image Publishers
- Mission Critical, a Legal Field Guide for Modern Ministry, published in 2012 by Curtis Wallace
- Elevating Excellence, Secrets to Closing the Leadership Gap, a curriculum including a workbook and 10 DVD lessons, to be published by Destiny Image Publishers in Spring 2013